YOUR FAVORITE SMALL-TOWN MATRIARCH IS BACK IN SEASON 5!
Laugh along with the sharp tongue of Mama Harper and her crazy, squabbling family…
After finding an loyal audience on The Carol Burnett Show, Thelma “Mama” Harper’s home-spun humor earned its own well-loved sitcom, with Vicki Lawrence wondrously transformed into a full-tilt senior citizen: the irascible Mama!
MAMA’S FAMILY: THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON Episode Highlights:
- The Harper family refutes the old expression “there’s no such thing as bad publicity” when Bubba gets a video camera and his heavily edited footage ends up on Raytown public access cable TV.
- Iola and Mama’s friendship hits a few rough spots as they compete for both church leadership positions and prize money.
- A wrecking ball threatens the family house.
- Despite her crankiness, Thelma does the right thing after the ATM spits out $20 bills like a slot machine.
- A rare weekend alone puts Mama’s life in perspective: companionship sure beats talking to Iola’s goldfish, drinking beer, watching wrestling, or making noise with pots and pans. Misery is having no one around to insult!
- Vint and Naomi start trying for a baby of their own, much to Mama’s consternation.
- Bubba has enrolled in college and is dipping his toe in the waters of fraternity life.